Sunday 2 December 2007

out in the night, into the water...

So this week definitely picked up since I wrote. Thursday night was really busy. I saw Rachmaninov and Dvorak performed by the London Symphony Orchestra at Royal Festival Hall (my last concert for music, tear!) which was really amazing! Then a bunch of us went to ISH for what was one of our final stints at karaoke. It was a good time, typical of any time we our group gets together.

Friday was good. A little laid back I think, considering I can't remember it really. I think I worked. Oh, and I think I watched The Return of the King. Yep. Good times. lol

Saturday was busy busy! I was woken up at 9am by Erin to go to Covent Garden market because I hadn't been yet. So I was up, dressed, and out the door in about 10 mintues! The market was really cool, I think I especially liked that it has a permanent structure creating the market, unlike the other markets I've been to. Anyway, we ended up seeing a random line-up and joined it to get stand-by tickets to see Jewels at the Royal Opera House! It's a ballet based on the music of three different composers, and it has no plot, so it's pure unadulterated dance set to music. It was really good! I especially loved the middle part, Rubies. And then on my way back home after the show (with Erin, who came with) we ran into Dianne who told us that a bunch of people were going to the Canaidan bar, The Maple Leaf, so we quickly changed and headed there to meet up with everyone. So, long story short, I was in Covent Garden three times yesterday - so much! It was really good though.

Today I worked. Finished Walking Tours and Theatre - two courses done!! All I have left now is music and art. Here goes nothin'!

Also, 17 days 'till Canada! Weeeeeee!

No comments: