Monday 17 December 2007

I can't be as sorry as you think I should...

Holy crap, I haven't updated about Scotland yet?! The days are just running away with me, I'm trying so hard to squeeze in all the things I want to do before I fly home. On WEDNESDAY. Wow. That came up fast.

In one word, Scotland was AMAZING. In many, it was funny, and beautiful, and a great opportunity, and historic, and cultural, and exciting, and, and, and! Just so great! I went on a bus tour and we started in Edinburgh and travelling up into the Highlands hitting up places like Glencoe and Loch Ness, and drove even further North to the Isle of Skye, which was so pretty and actually reminded me a lot of Canada! Our tour guide was this small young Scottish woman named Debs who was this hilarious spritely girl who doubled as our bus driver! And Dianne and I made friends with these two Aussie girls, Louise and Hannah, and now I'm really tempted to go to Australia (as if I wasn't tempted already with Ryan being down there). I learned so much history and random facts about Scotland, Nessie, clans, and whisky! I bought a little souvenier for myself and a small bottle of whisky to try! All in all, a fantastic trip - I can't wait to go back!!

Now I'm in packing/sightseeing/soaking-up-London mode. I went on a huge walk from my res, down Baker St, across Wigmore, then down Regent to Oxford, then across Oxford (CRAZY CHRISTMASY OXFORD - so many people!!!) to Marble Arch. That's a looooooong walk for those of you who don't know the area - about 3km! Ok, I know, that's not a whole lot, but it is considering I didn't plan any of that. Yesterday Liz, Sarah, and Sarah's boyfriend Nathan and I saw Natalie off (so sad!) and then went Christmas shopping at Whiteleys (very posh mall in Notting Hill) and then to Oxford Circus, then to Picadilly/Leicester to see about getting theatre tickets. We couldn't get any for last night so we'll go back today and see about getting some £20 tickets to Avenue Q. So then we grabbed dinner and went to this pub I've been meaning to go to since I got here. Then we went to Vic and hung out for a bit. Long day, but a good one!

So today our foresome (aptly named Remainder Four) are hitting up the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square, and then hopefully the Christmas festival in Hyde Park, and also hopefully Avenue Q tonight. Should be a good day if everything goes as planned!

No comments: